|Speaking the unsaid|
- One of the family is invited to say the things they have been unable to, to one or more of the other family members. With full physical support from those around.
- Mariano commentates and reflects, I think in the style of 'structural family therapy' - often making extremely provocative suggestions (for example 'you three should get together and all kill yourselves')
- The other family members respond - ideally with feelings rather than thoughts - again, with as much support as they need.
- Mariano again intervenes
- Any supporters wanting to speak are invited to contribute - again, more from the heart than the head (interestingly, they are usually better at this than the family at the centre).
- Mariano summarises, and usually suggests simple structural interventions to try (for example, keep apart for a time, leave home, talk more about feelings together)
All interspersed with rather less music, dancing and light relief than on previous days.
|The Celebration Cake|
However, as a fully clothed wet dripping mess, I was able to exact a certain amount of revenge by extreme hugs with whoever I catch!